Funny thing is, Stodder left a passionate voicemail for me a few months ago proposing the same freakin idea. Cocktails, book, the whole thing.
We all have the same dreamy dreams about finding treasures in the sun with a little buzz on, I guess.
Speaking of which, today I learned about "Outstanding in the Field," which is described as a "roving culinary adventure." These big long tables are set up in various regions, and farmers, culinary artisans and winemakers all come together to create a really lovely culinary experience. The website is filled with gorgeous photos of these breezily decorated tables on private beaches and in flowery meadows. The food is grown by local organic farmers and the wine is specific to the region, so the diners (also often winemakers and famers) are enveloped in an entirely holistic experience.

It looks so romantic!

Now I've decided that on our road trip, we should stop at one of the "Oustanding in the Field" events along the way, provided that we've saved a brutal amount of cash to pay for it. (Hmph.)
I just feel cooler for even having read about these people.

No comments:
Post a Comment