Who do you think you are?!

My photo
"one day i'll jump out of my skin and shake the sky like a thousand violins" - sandra cisneros

June 4, 2010

This is so much more fun than work.


This "China Hutch" is 82" tall and listed for only $125.

When I look at this picture, I can only see it in a design*sponge "Before and After" posting as the "Before" picture. My head is swirling with all of the ideas I have for this piece.

I'd consider painting it gray with white trim and lining the inside with a colorful paper and fill it with little treasures and favorite decorative books and glass bowls and shiny silver objet d'art pieces.

I really like the color combos grays have been in lately. The molding in our house is gray and white and it adds a certain polished look to the place. I"ve also kind of been pushing a gray and yellow themed wedding on Kate. Sorry, Kate.


Think this color palette:

Matched with these kinds of papers inside:

And now don't you just want to fill it with things like this?:


You'd really have yourself a beauty there.

1 comment:

  1. ah i love it! i want one too! and all the stuff you'd put in it. oh, and while we're at it, i want you to come to maine and help me decorate!

    ReplyDelete