So a little over 5 hours later, I'm ready to write.
Here's what I know:
- If a guy likes you and wants to see you, they will call and make plans to see you.
- When people tell you not to make the first contact when you're wondering if he likes you and wants to see you, they're 100% correct and you should listen to them instead of doing it anyway as if it's a secret and no one will ever know you did it.
- If you're spending a good amount of time with a guy who you have a bunch in common with, and he smiles when you're around and likes to hold hands even when you're just hanging out at home, it doesn't mean he likes you and it's very likely that he'll stop calling within one week.
In the words of Cher Horowitz, "Did my hair get flat? Did I stumble into some bad lighting? What's wrong with me?!"
I simply do not understand the turn of events here. He introduced me to his best friends, then told me that they asked him not to "screw this one up" because they like me. He met my cousins and legitimately spent time talking to each of them. He told me I'm pretty. We've had sleepovers. He feels comfortable with me because we come from the same place.
One night, he decides he needs to tell me that we should "slow things down." After he spends some time explaining himself, I do an evil girl Jedi trick and mince his words to become "I'm not attracted to you and I jut want to be friends." I get embarassed and kind of upset, then tell him how I've interpreted what he's saying. Apparently that's not what he was saying at all. He just wants to become friends before we're all of the sudden officially "dating." Whatever, sure buddy.
I run his request by several of my male friends, coworkers and family members. Every single one of them says it's weird and that guys don't operate like that. Clearly, I have no friggin' clue how guys operate, but I agree with them.
We stopped kissing when we would see each other for the first time. We hang out with groups of friends. We still hang out until late, but no sleepovers occur.
Now you're up to date.
How am I feeling about this, you ask? I'm feeling annoyed, frustrated, confused and obviously now bitter and pissy enough to write on my blog. I didn't pay $59.95 to sign up for "BestBuddies.com." I have lots of friends. In fact, my friend roster is somewhat full now that I have bi-coastal (despite there being no coast here) groups of friends. If I were to meet him and his friends under a "friendly" circumstance rather than what was supposed to be a clearly romantic one, I would have had to think hard about whether or not he would make the cut. I have several friends on the bench as it is, and I'm not in the market to do any trades yet.
So here I am...I went on a date with someone else to spite him, and did it make me feel so much better about myself? No. That guy fixes cars, can't spell and definitely shaves his back and I could already tell that HE was judging ME!
I'm just a chick who wants to spend time with a guy I like so I can stop being annoyed by happy couples I encounter. I want to bake him something that he really likes and go on random road trips. I want to not be embarassed by the way he dances because I think it's endearing and I want to have inside jokes that make other people uncomfortable. Is that so much to friggin' ask?!?
F you, BestBuddies.com. (click there)

No comments:
Post a Comment