I think it's fun to read my horoscope. I don't actually believe it, but it is so entertaining when it seems like it really coincides with your life. That's about as far as I'd take it.
I don't really get too deep into all of the idiosyncrasies of astrology. When I was little, I knew a kid who had the same exact birthday as me. He was the main reason that I felt like my horoscope couldn't be accurate. How could he also be expecting a sudden romance or tough times economically according to the one moon that we both knew? How would the arrival of Scorpio in our 5th Houses mean the same thing when I hardly had anything in common with him aside from the fact that we got here at roughly the same time?
Point is, there is one thing I really do believe in. I believe (based on numerous scientific and emotional case studies done on myself and my mother) that the moon has the power to make you FREAK THE F OUT.
I have gone as far as to provide my mom and myself with beautifully handmade moon charts so we can alert one another when the moon is about to interfere. It's not a rare occasion when she calls me and says, "You know how everything has been really weird and people are turning into jackasses left and right? Yeah, full moon coming up on Saturday. Watch out."
Whether it is some similarity between the effect of the moon on tides and the fact that we are mainly composed of water or if it is some strange spiritual force that is trying to get my attention (I'm agnostic...only because I think being atheist is too definitive)I am aware of it, I respect it and I fear it. The Incas worshipped the sun...maybe the moon is my god.
Yikes, sorry, got too into it right there.
Point of this post: actually 2 things - First, beware of the full moon approaching tomorrow, the 24th of August. Notice anything weird or different? Second...and now this seems totally irrelevant...but read this site and see how funny it is!
This timetable actually lets one know the best times possible over the next 2 months to do certain things for the best results.
Looking to make some sauerkraut to delight your German guests? Hold off until the 7th, or 8th. If you miss those dates, try again around the 25th or 26th.
Clearly, the end of the month is the best time to castrate your animals, whereas the middle of the month is better for dental care and slaughtering livestock.
I am so grateful to have this chart to go by. I don't know what I would do otherwise...probably fail at potty train kids because I started on the wrong day and ruin everything by cutting the hay too soon.




good thing i started my lose weight diet yesterday. too bad i start that diet everyday and then promptly fail. whoops? maybe now that i've started it on the right day it will work!
ReplyDelete