I am tired.
Sometimes, when I'm tired,
I have funny thoughts
Because my mind is sleepy too
And the thoughts get
Confused.
Sometimes, I have good ideas and inspirations when I'm reading through all of the other blogs and sites I like to read. Then I forget them. I get home and think, "Wasn't there something I wanted to make?" or "I read this article today that I wanted to tell (fill in the blank) about..."
So as an experiment(and due to boredom)I will list the ideas, thoughts, inspirations, questions etc. here.
I saw a video on some site this morning of a 3 year old boy reciting a poem called "Litany" by Billy Collins. At first, it was the boy who was so impressive, but I keep thinking about the words of the poem, the first stanza here: (click the link for the video and the rest of the poem)
You are the bread and the knife,
the crystal goblet and the wine.
You are the dew on the morning grass
and the burning wheel of the sun.
You are the white apron of the baker,
and the marsh birds suddenly in flight.
- I'm kind of excited to go to this event tonight for work called '“Global Sustainability: Central America to Maine."'There will be videos about Costa Rica and Maine, two of my favorite places on Earth. Free dinner and beers are also good. I wonder what kinds of people go to these things...and where I'm going to find the $10 "voluntary donation" considering I haven't had a paycheck in over a month. Hrmph.
- My iPod has been on shuffle most days when I drive to work. It definitely plays favorites though, and Im surprised by my iPod's favorites because I feel like it should have consulted me before picking these out. It loves all of the random old hip hop/pop stuff from college parties, like Nelly. It has really been pushing Matisyahu lately too. Sorry, iPod, I've kind of been over him for 3 years or so. Just skip those for now. I'm always happy when you throw me some Rustic Overtones, but it's the only band you play 2 and sometimes 3 times in a row! I'd like to thank you for playing "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits 2 mornings in a row though. Really gets me pumped up for work.
- Are coffee beans considered legumes?
- I love Googling something like this and finding out that, of course, someone has written about this exact topic:
Is the coffee bean a fruit or a legume?
Answer: it is a pit inside the coffee fruit.
The coffee bean is not technically a legume, because a legume is a plant in the family Fabaceae (or Leguminosae), or a fruit of these plants, and the coffee plant is not a member of the Fabaceae family.
The coffee “bean” is actually the seed of the coffee plant, the pit inside of the coffee fruit (AKA coffee berries and coffee cherries).

oh my goodness! you've written so many posts recently and i've been a bad follower. sorry! BUT i love htem all AND i love when my ipod plays rustic too. "check" came on the other day and i was so psyched to listen to it. it actually made me think of you! remember when we finnnnnalllly got to see them again in boston?
ReplyDelete