Who do you think you are?!

My photo
"one day i'll jump out of my skin and shake the sky like a thousand violins" - sandra cisneros

August 14, 2010

Ooh, look, something shiny!

Ok, it's been about 5 minutes since my last post, and I feel like I need some cheering up (from a source other than gratuitous unsolicited male attention.)

Here are things that I love, want, need, like to look at, whatever. Just for viewing pleasure.


"This set of 8 antique classroom maps from 1919 is a remarkable find. Reclaimed from a single-room schoolhouse in Portsmouth, VA this set has a wonderful history which can be seen in each of its maps: United States, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Eastern Hemisphere and Western Hemisphere, all mounted with spring rollers and set within a solid oak framework which hangs on the wall. Each map is full-color printed lithography by Denoyer-Geppert Co., Chicago dated 1919, 1920, 1921."





Ranunculus. In the colors of Kate's wedding palette.




Design*Sponge's DIY about using milkpaint to make distressed furniture.



Cape Cod in the summertime...even though I felt like I was cheating on Maine a little bit. I miss the ocean so badly, it actually physically hurts.



This perfume is one of the lovliest smells in the world. It's based on soap and water and always makes me feel clean and girlie.





"Ordinal Dresser" from Anthropologie. Enough said.


I bet it would be funny to see me driving this little vintage turquoise Mini, drinking some lemonade and airdumming on the tiny steering wheel to some sort of foreign pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment