I'll keep this short and sweet. My favorite book when I was younger (and I still have it...)was called "Our World." It had a blurb on every country in the world and big photos to add to the glory. It is now so disgustingly outdated that I can't find anything about it online to link this to.
However, today Jessie met Lonely Planet's "The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World." It comes in hardcover, paperback and a mini version that boasts "1140 images, 231 countries, one complete picture - without the weight of the world."
At this point, as my lunches have become random things from the fridge that are nearing or past their exipration dates and gas has been rationed to allow myself to get to work, $30.00 is a lot to spend on a book. I think I might just go to Barnes & Noble and read a few pages every day. But I do still want it...so....bad.
I need this book. I want to lie in bed and read about every single country. The best part is that for every country, there is a "In a Word" section that includes a common phrase or motto of the country. It was a little weird that USA's (yeah, I looked) was "Thank you, come again." Right?
It doesn't make it any better that there is also "The Cities Book."
I'm thinking of starting a charity drive. Who will donate to my cause?




No comments:
Post a Comment