Who do you think you are?!

My photo
"one day i'll jump out of my skin and shake the sky like a thousand violins" - sandra cisneros

June 4, 2010

Diamond in the Rough...diamond in the roughhhh...

I can't decide if I want you to recognize that reference or not.
Narrator in Aladdin.
There. Said it.

Anyway, I gave my two week notice at my lame job two weeks ago. Since then, I have exhausted all Facebook activities, gchatted my friends so soon after they logged in that it hits them like a bee sting and carefully prodded through every new day's goods on craigslist.

Since I only have replaced my full-time job with a part-time job at meager pay and I moved into a house recently that is filled with too many things, I have no need or means to buy anything from craigslist right now. I simply enjoy hunting on the site to find some hidden treasures that make me feel lustful. Is that so wrong?

This is going to be a new part of my blogging activity now that I'm neither having funny/sad mishaps on match.com nor have I been good about blogging about good design. I think this might help me get back into the design stuff and sometimes might even lead to a "Before and After" resurgence.

This is the chair that inspired this post. It's titled "The Queen's Chair" on craigslist and listed for $175. It's a great color, completely unique and yes, fit for a queen.

This is also the perfect example of an purchase (some) women (most of whom I know) would make feverishly but men are utterly stumped by.

It's the kind of thing you wouldn't want to really even sit in. Maybe just casually drape your purse onto it. Maybe non-chalantly toss your scarf on it. Maybe, just maybe put it next to a table with a candy dish on it.

Maybe?


Well, hello there.
This little gem comes from George over in the Wash Park area. I'd know this without looking because I bought my desk from him (see very early posts) and it is painted and distressed in the same toxic-colored-yet-somehow-shabby-chic/anthropologie-esque way.
I want to put a bunch of daisies in a old watering can and bowls of fresh strawberries on it.

I'm sorry, is that a pink four-poster iron bed?!

My bedroom is literally a room for my bed and nothing more. A bed frame is hardly necessary. The ceilings probably aren't high enough for it.

But it's a pink four-poster iron bed.

...............and it is listed for FIFTEEN dollars!

I love it so much. My mouth is dry and my heart is palpitating.

I might have to reconsider the nightstand I just painted pink and white...but...I also might not.

Please write me back!**


(**She wrote back! I bought it! It's only $15! I'm picking it up tomorrow! What a great day.)

1 comment:

  1. you bought it!?!?!? ahhh i love it!!!!! i love it all! hahahah am i enthusiastic enough for you? i'm heading to craigslist after i read every single one of your posts.

    ReplyDelete