Who do you think you are?!

My photo
"one day i'll jump out of my skin and shake the sky like a thousand violins" - sandra cisneros

August 17, 2010

I'm in Marketing

I am working on a proposal for my boss about social media. More accurately, I'm trying to put together an argument in support of our company's use of Facebook while simultaneously attempting to explain what the hell it is to my middle-aged, foreign boss.

In my research, I came across
InsideFacebook.com, which is a site that collects data on a weekly and daily basis about Facebook's users. It's very simple. There's a list of the "Leader Pages" for the day and the week based on how many new users "Like" those pages. Then, there is a list of "Loser Pages" (daily and weekly) based on how many users those pages lost.

The outcome is hilarious.

Good news, 75,400 more people liked Obama today. However, 36,598 more than that (111,998 people) liked Vin Diesel.


"ChapStick" took a devastating plunge in the "Like" world today, as they lost a whopping 276 users (likely to Vin Diesel.) This is not even close to the state of disrepair "Music" is in, as 9:51 am MST today, already having lost 4,892 users. Ouch, "Music" has got to be upset with that loss.

2 comments:

  1. This is damn funny. I'd "like" your blog if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guess what I just did?! Added a Like button! Try it!

    ReplyDelete