Who do you think you are?!

My photo
"one day i'll jump out of my skin and shake the sky like a thousand violins" - sandra cisneros

September 24, 2010

Continued list from The Good House

My little fall fairy, Kristen, over at The Good House made a list today of the things she'd like to do this fall. We did this in anticipation for summer too...although I don't think I ever revisited my list. 

She made it to #22...so I will continue from there.

23. (I hate starting on odd numbers) Drink Fall Brews like                Octoberfest
24. Have to reiterate #22 - wear lots of plaid
25. Bring my awesome boots out of storage!
26. Listen to live music from a beer garden
27. Start early on my Halloween costume so as to attract a lot of positive comments from impressed fellow party-goers
28. Make pie. Most likely with a bunch of people from my family who are having Thanksgiving in CO this year!
29. (I have to say this...Ben just gchatted me: "We should go apple picking this weekend"...then he mentioned a concert we should also see. no lie.) 
30. Leave the windows open when I'm sleeping and add an extra blanket.
31. See the aspen trees turn bright yellow in Rocky Mountain National Park.
32. Buy a vest with a hood and wear it.
33. Buy a chiminea for the porch and sit around it.
34. NOT dye my hair darker because I feel like it's what people do when it isn't summer anymore. I like summer hair. All year round.
35. Finally carve a kickass pumpkin without cutting all the way through.
36. Take pictures in the beautiful afternoon fall light.
37. Get a Caramel Apple Spice drink from Starbuck's.
38. Send my nephews and niece Halloween cards like I always mean to do.
39. Host a cornucopia dinner in our sadly unappreciated dining room using real plates and napkins.
40. Make a cool autumnal centerpiece with gourds and twigs. 
41. Use the word "autumnal" a lot.
42. Get Kate the best birthday present ever since she (yet again) won't be graced with my presence for a party.
43. Not even try to avoid the bowls of Halloween candy we already have placed throughout the house.
44. Buy a baby gift for my brother's best man, Dennis, who is expecting (well, Marissa is expecting) in October! A girl! Yay! Then probably one for Danny's little Evie too.
45. Do a brewery tour (already scheduled for Oct. 2, New Belgium Brewery, brewers of Fat Tire and my fave, Sunshine (preferably in a can.)
47. Free museum day, Saturday, September 26 - including the Denver Botanic Gardens!

2 comments:

  1. awesome!!! i am going to "borrow" your list too! yay so many fun things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this list ... can't wait for #27, #33 and #45 next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete