"But in the meantime we've got it hard
Second floor living without a yard
It may be years until the day
My dreams will match up with my pay"
Second floor living without a yard
It may be years until the day
My dreams will match up with my pay"
Mushaboom - Feist
I downloaded so much music the other day when I went home sick (damn cough won't quit.) I wanted to hear it all, all the time...it's like I'm ready to abandon all other music I've ever taken interest in until I am tired of these songs.
Thank you, iTunes, for making me a 50 song Genius mix.
I wish I could make Genius mixes for everything in my life.
*Push a button on my closet door (like Cher in Clueless) and voila ! (wa la?) a genius outfit for every day made up of things I already own.
*Hungry for dinner? Don't know what to make? Genius mix of what ingredients are in the fridge.
*Bored and lonely? Bam - genius mix of the best friends to have around in a snap.
Anyway, here are the albums from whence the genius came. You should listen to these too. It's based on "Kids" by MGMT.
Feist - The Reminder (and Let it Die, actually)
Kings of Leon - Only By the Night
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell
MGMT - Time to Pretend (and Oracular Spectacular)
Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope
Bon Iver - For Emily, Forever Ago
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Passion Pit - Chunk of Change
The Killers - Hot Fuss
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Like Bad News
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix


No comments:
Post a Comment