"I'm just an animal, lookin' for a home,
Share the same space for a minute or two,
And you love me 'til my heart stops,
Love me 'til I'm dead"
Share the same space for a minute or two,
And you love me 'til my heart stops,
Love me 'til I'm dead"
- Talking Heads, "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)
(You should recognize that...)
If you used to follow my blog and read my posts from about a year ago, you might remember that I wrote a lot about the dumb dating situations I found myself in. I haven't written much about it lately, well, for one because it hasn't been happening and when it has, it certainly hasn't been worth writing about.
Well, here I am, writing. I went on a really nice date on Sunday night (LOVE 3 day weekends!) with a guy I met. Somewhere. I met him in a place where I got to read a lot about him and see pictures and such before meeting him. Leave it there. Whatever. I don't know why I'm pretending to act embarassed about online dating. It's fun.
Anyway, without getting too much into detail, the reason we met is as follows:
1. He is very handsome. Hair long enough for those curly "wings" to stick out the back of his hat and pretty blueish eyes.
2. His favorite band is the Talking Heads - also likes Wilco and Feist. These happen to be my favorite bands too...if you haven't caught on about the Heads by now, especially after the quote at the top...there's no hope for you. My screen name for the dating site is a direct correlation to Feist. I met Wilco last summer at Red Rocks.
3. His favorite TV show: Flight of the Conchords. Although it was only 2 seasons and there won't be another...I hold this show in my heart forever and quote it whenever possible, then judge people who don't know it.
4. He listed Amelie as one of his favorite movies.
Not only is it listed as my favorite movie, I want to be her, I want to do the fun things she does in the movie, and I want to name one of my babies Amelie someday. How cute is she?
So, we met up for some drinks and apps at a cool bar in the Highlands (remember in some other post I mentioned all of the abbreviations for Denver areas? LoDo etc.? Yeah, this was in LoHi.)
We talked about music and movies and encounters with famous people. He was sad that I met Wilco and that he could only rebut with the fact that he once sold Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish a pair of 501 Levi's jeans. I thought that was funny. But then I felt stupid when I asked if he was really fat or thin at the time and he called me out on thinking of John Popper from Blues Traveler. Damn it.
After drinks, we went for a little walk from LoHi down across a few cool pedestrian bridges that hook up with LoDo. I had never walked around this area or on the bridges, so I was impressed.
This is the same pic that we both took with our phones, except at night, all illuminated. Very cool.
The bridges cross over a creek, the railroad tracks and I-25. He noticed when I got a little nervous about the generous "give" the bridges had...they sway and bounce a little...and that is supposed to happen.
It was a whole new perspective on Denver, and definitely something I'd like to do again, regardless of the weird sculpture, "National Velvet" by sculptor John McEnroe. It looks like a big pile of (illuminated as well) bloody hot dogs and I just found an article about it in which they refer to it as "Saggy Boob Electric Penis." Well done.
Yeah, regardless of that...I had a nice time and am looking forward to the next date.








sounds like SUCH an awesome date! yay! i want to go to those bridges! can you take me?
ReplyDeleteYeahhh...there won't be another date. Oops.
ReplyDelete